The article describes 6 of their innovations which they believe can help the world develop sustainably. The innovations (and their envisaged impact) are:
- Rare Cell Detection - Can replace amniocentesis and can be used for detection of certain cancers
- Erasable Paper - Erases itself after 24 hours - can reduce the amount of paper used
- Smaller and more efficient Solar Panels - Smaller, more durable and more efficient solar panels
- Spiral Cleaning - Can be used for wastewater treatment or water treatment
- Biomass plastic - Replaces 30% of the oil content in plastic with biomass
- 3D print preview - Helps view a document from multiple perspectives before printing
It is good to see that both PARC and L-RAMP share the view that impact requires both innovation and commercialization. The innovations listed are exciting and we look forward to being able to benefit from some or all of them in the near future.