We know that you're an innovator at heart and love coming up with several interesting innovations. At Rural Innovations Network (RIN), we salute your creative spirit and endeavour to showcase the same. In assocation with IIT Madras we now bring you the L-RAMP Award of Excellence. A recognition and mentoring programme that seeks to identify, honour and incubate select technological innovations that significantly impact rural lives. So all you budding Einsteins and Kalams, if you have an innovation that makes a positive difference to rural lives, do enter the L-RAMP Awards. Rest assured, we will help you in every way we can, technically, financially and morally in transforming your dreams into reality. There's more! We also have awards for individuals and organizations who encourage and support rural innovations. So if you are an enterprise, media company, investor, journalist or an individual and if you have encouraged rural innovations, do let us know.
- Grassroot Innovator Award (for Tamil Nadu based innovators who have no access to technology, funds or markets)
- Young Innovator Award (for Tamil Nadu based innovators below 21 years of age)
- Woman Innovator Award (for Tamil Nadu based woman innovators)
- Enterprise Award (For innovation-based and commercially viable enterprises)
- Investor Award (For providing novel financial support in transforming an innovation to a viable enterprise)
- Media Award (For featuring issues related to innovations, in print & electronic media)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (For lifetime contribution to innovation and entrepreneur development)
For the Grassroot Innovator Award, Young Innovator Award or Woman Innovator Award
Provide the following details in English or Tamil, neatly typed in A4 size sheets
- Describe your product.
- How is your product new or innovative?
- How will your product solve a problem in society?
- Personal details (name, gender, age, education, profession, complete postal address and phone number)
Print out the downloadable application form from the L-RAMP website.
The last date for receiving applications is November 5th, 2008. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
Address for mailing applications
Send your completed application to:
The Coordinator, L-RAMP Award of Excellence 2008
2nd Floor, IC&SR Building
The materials provided along with the application will not be returned. L-RAMP will be committed to maintain confidentiality of your application.